Laine Issue 16
It’s time for this year’s last issue of Laine Magazine. Dare we say this might be the best one yet? Issue 16 brings you to the streets of our beloved Helsinki, the capital of Finland. We will visit a charming bookstore and an edgy record store, and sit down to have a warming cup of coffee. In short, a perfect, slow Saturday.
Issue 16, Winter 2023, includes:
- 148 pages
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 2 shawls, 1 waistcoat, 1 pair of socks.
- an interview with Elaine Tom – learn how she became the trusted test knitter for many designers, knitting around 40 sweaters a year!
- an article on how the Craft Museum of Finland preserves cultural heritage and inspires the crafters of today.
- NEW! Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Lorraine Amagove Mugere, a Kenyan knitwear and crochet designer.
- NEW! Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores how you can keep your favourite knits around for longer by taking care of them the right way.
- NEW! Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot, and talking about crafting in their everyday lives. In this issue, we meet a knitter in Indonesia.
- seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking
- book reviews
Designers featured in this issue: Fiona Alice, Rachel Brockman, Dee Hardwicke, Thien-Kieu Lam, Lotta H Löthgren, Rosa Pomar, Yan Qian, Eri Shimizu, Anna Strandberg and Orlane Sucche.
Laine 16 is filled with beautifully classic projects that will have you wishing for colder days. The great thing is that you can start making your woollies now and have them all ready to wear for next winter!
Print only. No digital download code available.
Check out the patterns on Ravelry here!